Come along to a talk in Charlestown about free training opportunities at GMIT Castlebar. You could be eligible for a free course to up-skill or retrain – come and find out more on Wednesday, July 19th in the Enterprise Centre, Airport Road, Charlestown, at 11am.
Organised by Charlestown Development Association in partnership with South West Mayo Development Co CLG, representatives from GMIT Castlebar will be on hand to talk about new accessible part time education opportunities for September 2017.
In 2017/18 Springboard courses are open to the following categories of applicants:
- Homemakers (all courses are open to Homemakers)
- People in employment
- who wish to take a course in the manufacturing sector (e.g. Bio-pharma or medical devices technology) or
- who wish to take an ICT Conversion course or
- who already hold a Level 7 (Ordinary Degree) IT qualification who wish to upskill to a Level 8 IT qualification
- The unemployed or formerly self-employed (all courses are open to these category of applicants, with the exception of the two year part-time ICT conversion courses which are not open to those in receipt of a Jobseekers-related payment)
Most Springboard+ courses are part-time, enabling you to keep social protection supports. Please see Am I Eligible? on the Springboard website for more details.